🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
KT Rwanda Networks, Ltd (“KTRN Ltd”) is a licensed company that has been incorporated under the laws and regulations of the Republic of Rwanda.
The company is engaged in the business of providing & installing 4G LTE advanced technology within Rwanda. In order to effectively accomplish its business objectives
KT Rwanda Networks Ltd (KTRN LTD) KG 7 Avenue, 7th Floor Kigali Heights Building PO Box 5440, Kigali – Rwanda Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : http://www.ktrn.rw
📋 Job Description
KTRN Ltd is looking for a qualified and competent candidate to fill the vacant positions below
Job Position Title
Number of Job Positions
Job Duties& Tasks and Responsibilities
- Perform network expansion design
- Analyze and plan for network optimization and upgrade.
- Ensure the effective installation, maintenance, and operation of the Fiber network
- Review of quotations and drawings for new fiber installation.
- Ensure SLA to KTRN customers are met
- Provide advanced technical support for most critical faulty cases to the customers
- Supervise and guide FOC technicians to ensure the quality of services.
- Plan for Fiber network maintenance
- Work closely with the supervisor in long term planning.
- Provide technical assistance and guide for the new related project implementation
- Perform Fiber optic cable installation activities that include among others, splicing in manhole, termination in ODF or OTP, ODF/OTP fixation, and ensuring the cable arrangement indoor/outdoor and in manhole as well.
- Testing on a variety of equipment and analyze results for future network plan
- Ensure the documentation of FOC network routes are updated and accurate
- Have a good experience working with some designing tools like ACAD and Google maps
- Familiarity with Regulator’s guidelines related to FOC installation
- Supervision of FOC works and services done by contractors.
- Perform site surveys and prepare the bill of quantities and drawings for new fiber connections
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor
💼 Job Specification
Experience, Skills & Competencies required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunication, Computer Sciences, IT, or related field and having at least 3 years of experience in the installation of fiber optic infrastructure, and indicate reference companies where the FOC works were performed.
- At least A1 Certificate (Advanced Diploma) in Electronics, Telecommunications or related field and having at least 4 years of experience in the installation of fiber optic infrastructure, and indicate reference companies where the FOC works were performed.
- Having FOC troubleshooting skills; Analytical skills, Communication skills, and strategic thinking skills.
- Basic understanding of IP network topology
- Be able to use all FOC technical tools like: Splicing machine, OTDR, Power meter, Lasor source, Fault locator.
- A person of proven integrity, highly motivated, innovative, and a team player
- Willing to work under pressure, during nights and weekends, and willingness to work in all sorts of weather.
- Able to monitor and provide technical support 24 hours / 7 days.
- Ability to work independently, exercise good judgment and initiative.
- Having good written and verbal communication skills.
- Should be fluent in English or French, with good communication skills of Kinyarwanda,
- Being available to start work immediately.
- Having certificate in Fiber Optic technology is added advantage.
- Having driving license of Category B would be added advantage
🌐 How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their application letters accompanied with their CVs and copies of certified Degree(s), Copy of ID, on line addressed to the Human Resources management of KTRN, located at KG 7 Avenue, 7th Kigali Heights, to the below email: email@example.com
The deadline for submission of applications is scheduled on March, 31th 2021, 5:00pm. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.