🏘️ About the Organization and Job Detail
The Energy Utility Corporation Limited (EUCL) was incorporated to have devoted attention in providing energy utility services in the Country through operations and maintenance of existing generation plants, transmission and distribution network and retail of electricity to end-users.
In executing its mandate, the Company will strive to achieve;
a) Optimized generation capacity and economic plant dispatch to meet short and long-term energy supply requirements;
b) Enhanced operational efficiency (progressive system loss reduction, billing and collection efficiency, network reliability and high quality of service);
c) Improved customer service;
d) Network growth and increased connections within the foot print of electrified areas thereby making an effective contribution to the EDPRS targets.
The Company has four main processes feeding into the core business; Policies planning, Marketing planning and development, Distribution planning and development within already electrified areas and Operation & Maintenance of Power Plants and Transmission & Distribution Networks owned by the Utility.
The utility will also play a key role in the execution of Power Purchase/Power Sales Agreements with IPPS and other regional utilities for import and export.
10th Floor KCT, KN 2 ST, Nyarugenge District, P.O. Box 3855 Kigali, Rwanda
Tel.: + (250) (0) 787172265,
📋 Job Description
The Management of Energy Development Corporation Limited (EDCL) would like to inform the
public that it is recruiting qualified and experienced staff on the following position:
Job Position Title
Manager Legal Services
Number of Job Positions
Job Duties& Tasks and Responsibilities
• Develop legal policies, process and procedures in line with the Rwandan law and the strategic objectives of Energy Development Corporation Limited
• Update the company legal policy in accordance to new laws, and communicate the same to the different stakeholders
• Take the lead in the development and reviewing of various policies for Energy Development Corporation Limited
• Provide a legal support to all other departments in the organization
• Provide guidance on legal and governance issues or matters and ensure that all the legal documents signed by EDCL comply with applicable legislation and best practice.
• Prepare the legal documents engaging the organization and this includes the internal rules and regulations and manuals among others.
• Identify and mitigate the legal issues
• Follow up the disputes internally and outside EDCL
• Represent EDCL in amicable settlements
• Monitor and report on on-going case before the courts and arbitration
• Liaise with EDCL’s outside counsels and attorneys in settlement of legal disputes and provide legal advice
• Prepare legal opinions, review and undertake research on matters relating to the mandate of the Authority.
• Provide overall leadership of the legal section and Supervise and manage the performance and development of staff in the department in line with the Organization’s goals, objectives, policies and regulations
Develop a section annual work plan and financial budget and monitor their implementation in line with EDCL Business plan
💼 Job Specification
Qualifications and experience Needed
• Bachelor’s degree (A0) in law with or a full professional qualification in law.
Possession of a Master’s degree will be an added advantage
Job Experience Needed
At least 5 years of proven experience in a legal position with a busy public
or private company
🌐 How to Apply
Duly signed application letters addressed to the Managing Director of Energy Development
Corporation Limited (EDCL) together with updated detailed curriculum vitae, copies of both
academic and professional certificates, proof of related experience/valid work certificates and
names and addresses of at least three (3) reference persons and copy of Identity Card should be
submitted by email to email@example.com not later than 24/03/2021 latest 5:00 P.M.
1. Please note that submission of valid and acceptable proof of experience/work
certificates attached to your job applications to support the relevant experience
indicated in the applicant’s CVs among other documents highlighted above is a MUST
2. Your job application and its attachments MUST be scanned as ONE single pdf
document for easy download & analysis of applications
3. ONLY online applications will be received on the mentioned above email. No
hardcopy applications will be received.
4. REG is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our company Gender
Mainstreaming policy and program, we seek to increase the number of women in all
levels of the organization. Therefore, we strongly encourage female candidates to
apply. Special consideration will be given to qualified female candidates
Done at Kigali on 09/03/2021