🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
Rwanda Environmental Awareness Organization (REAO) is a registered non-government organization founded in 2012 with the aim to protect the environment and promote climate-resilient as well as environmental sensitive economy among women and youth. The Organization has its head office in Kigali City Gasabo District, Kimironko Sector, Nyagatovu KG 17 Av 239 St, House number 069.
The organization has been implementing environmental protection activities in secondary schools and Districts of Gasabo, Kicukiro, Nyagatare through National park visits, greening schools, providing fruit trees to vulnerable communities and has also supported historically Marginalized people and also introduced an income generation project of environmentally friendly cooking stoves as an alternative to reduce the use of firewood as cooking energy
📋 Job Description
Position Title: Fundraising Manager
Office Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Reports to: Executive Secretary
Closing Date: 19/04/2021
The fundraising Manager is in charge of supporting research projects, grant applications, advise and support the Executive Secretary in developing a fundraising strategy, develop and execute fundraising campaigns, liaise with internal and external stakeholders, elaboration of quality project proposals to be submitted to donors, annual action plans, ensure that there is a robust M&E framework and supervise its implementation and ensure the overall supervision of external evaluation for all programs and projects.
Competitive salary based on experience
Great working environment that allows one to reach their greatest potential.
Prospective career growth opportunities.
Job Duties& Tasks and Responsibilities
- Direct and implement fundraising strategies especially searching for grant opportunities
- Manage ongoing projects and follow up on the submitted fundraising efforts among donor’s using REAO’s established relationships with current donors, government agencies, UN agencies, and other CSO’s in the area of the environment.
- Develop missing/lacking policies and other essential guiding documents in close collaboration with the board members.
- Manage fundraising budget and prepare a budget every quarter to determine what the fundraising needs are going to be.
- Establish and sustain good relationships with all stakeholders
- Actively engage other staff members in fundraising processes, managing project budgets financial reporting, grant, and report writing.
- Potential donor mapping and contact for new funding opportunities in close collaboration with Executive Secretary
💼 Job Specification
Job Skills & Qualifications Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in project management, public relations, rural development, or similar area.
- At least 3 years of experience working in fundraising or public relations
- Leadership skills and institutional growth
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- High-level proficiency in project proposal writing and fundraising
- Strong writing and oral presentation skills, including fluency in English or French, and Kinyarwanda.
🌐 How to Apply
REAO is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
How to apply
All Applicants should provide a curriculum vitae and a cover letter sent through the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than April 19, 2021, mentioning the position title as a subject to email.
N.B. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for interviews.
Done at Kigali, 08th April 2021