🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
Innovations for Poverty Action was established in Rwanda in 2013 and has 10 active projects spanning across Education, Agriculture, Finance and Health.
With 15 full time staff, a network of part-time field numerators of over 300, IPA Rwanda predominantly implements Randomized Control Trails in collaboration with leading Rwandan and international academics, the Government of Rwanda and other development NGOs to evaluate the impact of new development concepts to help inform future government policy and development projects.
IPA seeks a Field Manager
📋 Job Description
Field Manager , Rwanda
Job Title: Field Manager (multiple positions available) Division/Department: Field Management Work Location: Kigali Length of contract: 3 months (with the possibility of extension) Reports to: TBC per project
Job Duties& Tasks and Responsibilities
The Field Managers will lead project field activities and manage a teams of field enumerators to collect project related data. The successful candidates will be detail-oriented and enthusiastic about managing field research projects. The Field Managers will work closely with academic researchers, partners, and other field staff to perform a variety of tasks which may include but not be limited to:
- Hiring, training, and managing the field teams that will conduct the data collection,
- Ensuring that all IPA data quality protocols are followed,
- Creating detailed field plans describing team schedules and market to visit,
- Managing field logistics and adapting Field Plan to changing conditions as necessary,
- Assisting in procuring products and getting approvals from local authorities,
- Supporting data collection and monitoring data quality, completing high-quality data checks on a daily basis
- Assisting in piloting and translation of questionnaires,
- Establishing editing and tracking systems
- Making daily updates to a field logbook to track activities and data questions,
- Providing relevant inputs on local context and assist research staff in coordinating relationships with local officials
- Maintaining a database of surveyors and other useful data collection contacts and resources
- Supporting project implementation and training for this as needed
💼 Job Specification
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Social Sciences, Agriculture, Statistics or any other relevant field etc.
- At least one year of field management experience in field-based data collection
- Experience conducting social science or economic field research. Background in randomized control trials is preferred
- Strong Excel or Stata skills
- Be physically apt for long travel and out of Kigali based field work
- Experience with electronic data collection platforms. Knowledge of Survey CTO a plus.
- Experience in the conduct of training of enumerators/field staff
- Strong written and oral communication skills and complete fluency in English is required
- Fluency in Kinyarwanda essential
🌐 How to Apply
IF YOU MEET ALL THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION,
PLEASE APPLY BY SENDING YOUR CV AND MOTIVATION STATEMENT TO ALL APPLICATIONS
Via this Link : https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfO7ajtOjPePYAqc20sXD3ssNjXTC6u-LEs1vpVCfXOx4g55g/viewform?usp=sf_link
APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERD ON A ROLLING BASIS, ALL APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED PRIOR TO 5 PM RWANDA TIME ON SATURDAY 22nd May 2021 WILL BE CONSIDERED. APPLICATIONS AFTER THIS TIME WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. DUE TO THE VOLUME OF APPLICATIONS ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE NOTIFIED.