Monitoring & Evaluation Manager at University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) (Deadline: 24 July 2021)
🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
University of Global Health Equity is on a mission to radically change the way health care is delivered around the world. UGHE is a new university based in Rwanda that is building the next generation of global health professionals—doctors, nurses, researchers, and public health and policy experts—into leaders and change makers who strive to deliver more equitable, quality health services for all.
📋 Job Description Details
Job Position Title
Monitoring & Evaluation Manager
Number of Job Positions
Kigali with travels locally and regionally
Job Application Deadline: 24 July 2021
This role will work across the organization to track major strategic initiative progress and provide necessary support to project leads while engaging the senior leadership regularly on appropriate progress updates and challenges. The role will also be responsible for measuring outcomes and success, building out monitoring, evaluation, and business analytic systems in a newly formed organization.
Job Department and Reporting Line
Job Duties& Tasks and Responsibilities
Project Management and Analytics
Act as or support executive sponsor(s) in multi-phase planning of identified programs/initiatives that support the high level strategy. Integrate organizational focus through measurement and consistent program reviews
Centrally monitor timelines, performance, and track major milestones against targets, validate working group proposals, and provide updates and escalate issues to Senior Leadership, as needed
Track progress of transformation and individual initiatives against milestones and targets using suitable metrics to identify areas of concern and ensure value capture is achieved at appropriate time and sustained into steady-state
Support transformation effort through prioritizing and coordinating areas for appropriate functional support (finance, HR, IT, communications) and ensuring on-time execution against agreed upon tasks
Coordinate the efforts of several cross-cutting working groups that might be formed to draft specific components of the plan
Communication and Relationship Building
Get significant program work done through cooperation with other groups across UGHE who have, in many cases, no direct reporting relationship to the position
Meet regularly with initiative project leads and department heads to understand initiative progress, anticipate potential roadblocks to value capture, and actively resolve challenges by serving as a thought partner to make decisions on day-to-day execution and raising relevant issues to the Senior Leadership Team for further action
Keep leadership apprised of all program elements including operations, deadlines, revisions, and financial status (as needed).
Communicate and cascade information to employees in a timely manner and actively participate in the success of cross-organizational programs and initiatives
Oversee day to day responsibilities of Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator. Set clear goals and objectives for the team and use metrics to measure performance and hold team accountable
Motivate and encourage team; lead through change and adversity. Make decisions as needed and build consensus as appropriate
Monitor the welfare, morale and professional/career trajectory of the project team in order to ensure a healthy and supportive work environment
Provide coaching to improve performance and hold regular development discussions with direct reports. Recognize staff for their contributions
Engage in root cause analysis, often without prompting from the Senior Leadership Team or others, on issues and opportunities that could impact UGHE’s executive agenda
Confirm hypotheses through tactful and discrete engagement with the relevant parties
Develop alternative approaches to addressing the problem or opportunity
Succinctly update the Vice Chancellor on the issues, supported with facts and recommendations
💼 Job Specification
Job Educational Qualification and Experience Needed
- 4+ years of managerial experience required, preferably in a health care, medical education, or international setting
- Formal project management training or certification, such as Project Management Professional certification, highly desired
- A passion for excellence, and a unique ability to build strong relationships
- Strong analytical, quantitative, problem-solving, good judgement and project management skills
- First class time management and organizational skills, with a strong ability to prioritize
- Master’s degree in either public or global health and/or master’s degree in Project Management, Monitoring &
- Evaluation, Business Administration, or any other related field.
- Able to successfully navigate within varying degrees of ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Exemplary interpersonal skills and ability to effectively collaborate with culturally diverse staff across departments and countries
Commitment to social justice and health care equity
Job Skills and Other Abilities Needed
- AGILITY: Flexible, results-oriented, and able to work in a project-driven environment with demonstrated ability to monitor and evaluate specific programs and projects.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT: Multi-tasking, project management and decision-making skills
- INFLUENCE: Strong leadership and influencing skills, with the ability to engage key stakeholders
- LEADERSHIP: Demonstrated ability to lead and provide direction to all the project staff
- COMMUNICATION: Demonstrated ability to communicate to all stakeholders within and outside the outside the organization putting into consideration the cultural dimensions of all the stakeholders.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for equity and social justice.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Great working environment that allows one to reach their greatest potential.
- Prospective career growth opportunities.
- UGHE is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status,
- protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
🌐 How to Apply
Job Application Documents and Channel Accepted
Candidates should submit a CV and a cover letter detailing their interest and aptitude for this position by the link:https://www.pih.org/pages/employment?p=job%2Fomc0ffwx
Application Deadline Provided
The deadline: 24th July 2021