YFR Project Coordinator at Inspire Educate and Empower Rwanda (IEE Rwanda)(Deadline: 12 July 2021)
🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
Inspire, Educate, and Empower Rwanda (IEE) is a Rwandan local Education Not-For-Profit Non-Governmental Organization (NGO). Since 2005, in collaboration with partners, IEE has complemented efforts of the Ministry of Education/ Rwanda Education Board, contributing to educational implementation. IEE designs and delivers innovative programmes to address challenges to provision of quality education. IEE programmes range from teacher development training and technical assistance, teaching and learning, curriculum and material development, research and evaluation, education policies and systems reform.
IEE in Partnership with Corstone USA and Rwanda Education Board is implementing an evidence-based program aims at developing adolescents social-emotional, psychological and physical well-being. The program is called Youth First Rwanda. In the last one year the partners has been piloting the school-based teacher facilitated, resilience and health development program in 5 schools in 2 districts of Rwanda. The program targets senior 1 students in public government schools. The program has so far trained 35 teachers and over 700 students
📋 Job Description Details
Job Position Title
YFR PROJECT COORDINATOR
Number of Job Positions
Job Application Deadline: July 12, 2021.
Youth First Rwanda program has 25 sessions which are facilitated weekly in groups of 20 students with regular support visits from master trainers, who provide technical support until the teachers’ theoretical and practical capacity is fully developed to facilitate the session independently. Youth First is a program based on positive psychology, attitudinal healing and restorative practices, thus application of these three foundational principles is upheld.
From September 2021, the program will be scaled up to 50 schools in 6 districts. Coordinating and managing the master trainers and Monitoring officers in the program is important to attaining the program deliverables. The program manager will be based in Kigali with frequent visits to the districts and will responsible for providing technical and professional support and guidance to the MTs and Mos to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the program activities and the ultimate success of the program.
Job Department and Reporting Line
Country Director, Deputy Country Director, Program’s manager
Job Duties& Tasks and Responsibilities
- The Project Coordinator (PC) will on a regular basis meet with the Program Manager to plan out and review the progress of the project and to discuss future steps.
- The PC together with the Head of programs in IEE and the PM will develop annual work plans and work with the school headteachers to have a session allocated in the timetable for YFR program
- The PC together with the Head of programs in IEE and the PM will collaborate with the headteachers and parents’ associations to have the program introduced to parents and to have them participate.
- The PC together with IEE leadership and PM will partner and work closely with district education officers, Sector education officers, head-teachers, teachers and other stakeholders in selection of schools and other stages of the project, enhancing visibility and acceptability of the program
- The PC will participate in organizing and training of teachers in the personal resilience and health program for effective deliver the content to the students
- The PC will participate in planning and in conducting headteachers induction, Education officers and parents’ trainings in the different districts that the program is being implemented.
- The PC will support and train Master trainers on areas of weaknesses together with the support of the PM
- The PC will mentor and coach the teachers through model facilitation and regular support visits to the schools during project implementation period.
- The PC will participate in monitoring progress and quality of the project activities together with the M&E team.
- The PC together with the Master trainers will arrange for refresher trainings and curriculum review meetings with the teachers in collaboration with the PM.
- The PC will be responsible for timely preparation and submission of accurate weekly progress reports or any request at request.
- The PC will be responsible for identifying potential issues or risks that could affect the progression of the project.
- He/she will communicate these items with the PM, and will collectively work to identify potential solutions.
- Under the direction of the PM, the Program Coordinator will update and maintain crucial program documents to help track progress. He/she will file all project documents in an appropriate database, and ensure that all documents are accurate, accessible and have been reviewed by the Program Manager
- The PC will closely watch the project schedule, monitoring deadlines for each project task. He /she will check regularly that every deadline is still possible, and report any potential delays to the Program Manager for re-planning.
- The PC will ensure smooth/ efficient project performance and effective management and communication with project team.
- The PC will ensure coordination of partners by planning and organizing frequent review meetings.
- The PC will support M&E staff to plan their monthly data collection and data entry targets and to ensure MOs are well trained, understand their roles, meet their monthly targets, and successfully collect objective program data
- .Provide monthly and weekly work-plans and reports to the Program manager for effective follow-up and accountability
💼 Job Specification
Job Educational Qualification and Experience Needed
- An upper second-class bachelor’s degree in Education is required.
- A master’s degree in Education is an added advantage
- A Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience working in the education sector, especially In Program management
- Proven Experience working in adolescents’ programs is an added advantage.
- Proven team building and interpersonal skills within a multicultural context.
- Proven experience working with multiple education stakeholders, especially teacher, DDEs, DEOs SEOs.
- Proven ability to negotiate diplomatically, and function well under pressure.
- Demonstrable experience in dealing with parents and communities
- Good presenter with experience of presenting complex ideas to specialist and non-specialist audiences.
- Extremely well-organized multi-tasker.
- Self-motivated, ambitious, goal-oriented.
- Give attention to details.
Experience of working in the Education NGO sector.
Job Skills and Other Abilities Needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Kinyarwanda.
- Ability to clearly accurately articulate complex information to a wide range of audiences.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills, with the ability to engage, inspire, build credibility, and engender trust with diverse audiences.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrable monitoring and evaluation experience.
- Ability to enthuse and engage a diverse range of stakeholders internally and externally.
- A broad understanding teacher development and capacity building is an advantage.
- Time management skills, project management skills, and organizational skills. The ability to meet deadlines is essential.
- Ability to research and quickly disseminate relevant, emerging, and existing evidence-based practices and models.
- Able to work flexibly as part of a small team and to work independently.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Trustworthy, ethical, and authentic in all situations.
🌐 How to Apply
Job Application Documents and Channel Accepted
Qualified candidates are requested to submit a cover letter, and CV including names of at least 4 position-relevant referees with scanned copies of certificates/diplomas, to The Country Director, Inspire Educate and Empower Rwanda (IEE) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please place “YFR project coordinator” in the subject line of the email when applying.
*Not heeding to this instruction will lead to disqualification.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
No late application or telephone inquiries will be considered.
IEE upholds the commitment to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, gender or religion and without discrimination of persons with disabilities
Application Deadline Provided
before the closing date of July 12, 2021.