Procurement Officer at IntraHealth(Deadline: June 30, 2021)
🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. And we’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That’s why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work.
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work. Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we have built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective. Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us.
The USAID Ingobyi Activity is a five-year cooperative agreement to improve the quality of reproductive, Maternal, newborn and child health (RMNCH) and malaria services, in a sustainable manner with the goal of reducing neonatal, child and maternal mortality in Rwanda. The Ingobyi Activity builds upon the tremendous gains Rwanda has made in the health sector as well as previous USAID investments in the health sector to provide a healthier, more productive future for all Rwandans. Ingobyi works to improve the availability, quality and utilization of RMNCH and malaria services with resilience and sustainability.
KG 546 Street 1
Tel.: + (250) 738795924
📋 Job Description Details
Job Position Title
Number of Job Positions
GOLDEN PLAZA, 3rd Floor
Job Application Deadline
June 30, 2021
IntraHealth International seeks a Procurement Officer for the USAID Ingobyi Activity to support the current Procurement Team. Reporting to the Procurement Manager, the Procurement Officer will carry out the procurement duties while following up IntraHealth policies and procedures.
SUMMARY OF BENEFITS
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
Job Duties& Tasks and Responsibilities
- Conduct procurement duties while following the IntraHealth policies and guidelines
- Draft procurement documents(RFQ,Purchase requisition and PRF) ensuring relevant procurement procedures have been applied( based on established thresholds)and all supporting documentation is attached.
- Perform supplier due diligence(vendor screening before) issuing of Purchase of order.
- Recording all issued LPOs into a monitoring tool (procurement tracker) on a daily basis and follow up un-serviced LPOs on a weekly basis.
- Work with the IT and Admin Assistant to receive goods from suppliers and verify against the LPO in consultation with the requestors.
- Ensure ordered services and goods are provided satisfactorily as per the specifications and subsequent billing for such services received accurately and in a timely manner.
- Maintain an up-to-date and easily accessible filing system for all procurement documents.
- Maintain an up-to-date tracker of all service contracts and consulting agreements.
- Handle all procurement duties in the absence of procurement Manager.
Keeping track of vendor invoices
Follow up with vendors to ensure timely submission of invoices
Ensure timely submission of invoices with support documents to finance
Analyze and reconcile suppliers’ invoices for all ordered and supplied goods and services, ensuring they are adequately supported on a daily basis.
Perform any other related tasks as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
💼 Job Specification
Job Educational Qualification and Experience Needed
- Be Rwandan by nationality;
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement, Supply chain Management, Logistics management or Business Administration.
- At least 3 years working experience in the field of Procurement; having worked will USAID project is an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of USAID procurement rules and regulations;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with prioritization;
- Attention to details and understanding of suppliers’ payment cycles/procedures
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (Outlook, Word, Excel);
- Effective written and verbal communication skills of English and Kinyarwanda, French would be an added asset.
- Strong collaborator with effective interpersonal and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work, manage, and meet competing deadlines in a fast-paced.
- Aptitude for problem solving and decision making needed.
- Well organized in her/his work, motivated and innovative
- Sense of assertiveness and time management
Job Skills and Other Abilities Needed
- Managing Performance: Ability to plan and design practices, processes and procedures that allow for effective management of people, resources and processes to optimize overall organizational performance. Managing for performance includes the ability to delegate and encourage growth and leadership across the team(s) as part of maximizing performance and productivity.
- Strategic Thinking: Applies organizational knowledge to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for IntraHealth while recognizing, anticipating and resolving organizational challenges. Ability to develop organization- and industry-specific expertise and apply sound decision-making processes to reach productive resolutions that translates strategy into actionable business plans.
- Effective Communication (Oral & Written): Understands effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience; and receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors
- Risk Management: Knowledge of processes, tools and techniques for assessing and controlling the organization’s exposure to risks of various kinds; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Innovation: Develops new, better or significantly different ideas, methods, solutions or initiatives within assigned role that result in improvement of IntraHealth’ s performance and meeting objectives, results and global commitments.
- Accountability: Holds self and others accountable for all work activities, research and personal actions and decisions; follows through on commitments and focuses on those activities that have the greatest impact on meeting measurable high-quality results for IntraHealth’ s success. Exercises ethical practices, respectful words and behaviors, and equitable treatment of others in all activities.
🌐 How to Apply
Application Deadline Provided
Please, apply by or before June 30, 2021