Rwanda Transport Coordinator at One Acre Fund (Deadline:06 July 2021)
🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
One Acre Fund is an agricultural NGO that is innovating a new way of helping farm families to achieve their full potential. In more than five years in Rwanda, We have grown to serve more than 180,000 farm families with 1,500 full-time staff in Rwanda.
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
📋 Job Description Details
Job Position Title
Rwanda Transport Coordinator
Number of Job Positions
Job Application Deadline
06 July 2021
Looking for a person with hands-on experience in Automobile Mechanics who will mainly be responsible for transport administration, data management, and vehicle maintenance.
Job Duties& Tasks and Responsibilities
Administration and Data management work
- Collect and record weekly Tubura fleet-related data
- Prepare necessary documents for vendor payments (taxis and others )
- Ensure vehicles are equipped with standardized safety equipment
- Work with the transport manager on different transport projects.
- Work with drivers to solve unplanned mechanical issues and any others related to vehicles that need immediate attention.
- Sit in for the Transport Manager’s absence
💼 Job Specification
Job Educational Qualification Needed
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Have a certificate in Automotive Mechanics or a related field
- Knowledge of google applications especially, Email, Google sheets, and doc.
- Data management skills
- Maintain a valid driver’s license with class B and D
- Communication in written and spoken English with fluency in Kinyarwanda.
Job Experience Needed
- 1year experience working in a Garage as a mechanic
Start Date Preference
- Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, start dates can vary significantly by role. We are adapting rapidly to Covid-19 and most of our team is now working remotely. Given the changing environment, we will appreciate your flexibility in confirming a start date.
- Health insurance paid time off
- This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Rwanda.
🌐 How to Apply
Job Application Documents and Channel Accepted
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feels consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Application Deadline Provided
06 July 2021