Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)/Technical Director at IntraHealth (Deadline: July 31, 2021)
🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, communicators, program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. And we’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That’s why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work.
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work.
Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we’ve built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective.
Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us.
📋 Job Description Details
Job Position Title
Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)/Technical Director
Job Closing Date
July 31, 2021.
Number of Job Positions
IntraHealth International seeks a qualified and highly motivated individual to fill the position of Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)/Technical Director for the USAID Ingobyi Activity in Rwanda. The USAID Ingobyi Activity supports the Rwandan Ministry of Health (MOH) to contribute to the reduction of infant and maternal mortality and incidence of malaria in Rwanda, focusing on improving the availability, quality and utilization of RMNCH and malaria services to reduce the incidence of maternal, newborn and child morbidity and mortality.
Reporting to the Chief of Party, the DCOP/Technical Director provides technical leadership to assure clinical excellence and innovative approaches to building highly skilled and functioning public and private health workers ready to offer quality MNCH, family planning and malaria services in Rwanda. The DCOP supports the Chief of Party (COP) in providing technical program leadership in the development, management and project implementation that leads to desired project results. In the absence of the COP, the DCOP will assume overall responsibility for the project. The DCOP will take the lead in coordinating program development, implementation and reporting, and will work very closely with technical team leads overseeing the project’s major components, and other program staff to ensure results and synergy in the implementation of project activities.
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
Job Duties& Tasks and Responsibilities
Technical leadership and program quality
- Provides leadership in health systems strengthening and oversees the strategy and implementation of the MNCH, family planning and malaria components of the program;
- Provides leadership in state-of –the-art service delivery approaches;
- Manages Technical team and facilitates achievement of their program objectives and targets with technical backstopping and support;
- Initiates and facilitates regular technical meetings to review program implementation and outcomes (including review of service and outcome data), and identify measures to overcome implementation bottlenecks and enhance quality of deliverables;
- Streamlines technical integration and alignment across technical teams and ensures quality improvement and mentorship are at the core of all service improvement interventions; and
- Accounts to the COP on the delivery of strategic program objectives, with regular reporting on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
Planning, monitoring and reporting
- Leads strategic annual and periodic planning processes and ensures alignment of planned activities with Ingobyi Activity’s Program Description, goal and intermediate results;
- Leads documentation and sharing of knowledge and emerging practices from the program internally within IntraHealth and externally with the wider stakeholder audience;
- Conducts periodic field monitoring and supervision visits to ensure project implementation responds to health sector needs and adheres to national guidelines and protocols;
- Ensures daily operations of overall program implementation activities are on schedule and that reports, new plans and budgets are prepared with sufficient lead time to get the necessary approvals; and
- Contributes to quarterly, annual and periodic reporting, working closely with the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning team and the COP to ensure all reports represent high quality per Ingobyi and IntraHealth reporting plan and guidance.
Coordination and representation
- Coordinates support to MOH and provides guidance to staff to ensure technical assistance activities address key identified gaps and needs;
- Participates in key health sector technical working groups, represents Ingobyi Activity and shares the Activity’s mission and achievements routinely;
- Works with the COP to provide technical and administrative support in all aspects of the project and carries out any duties that may be assigned by the COP; and
- Oversees and represents the project in the absence of the COP.
💼 Job Specification
Job Educational Qualification and Experience Needed
- Medical degree with a specialty in gynecology, reproductive health, maternal health, child health and/or malaria – additional training in Public Health preferred.
- At least 10 years of relevant professional experience;
- Experience with USAID-funded projects as Project Director or Senior Technical Advisor preferred;
- Significant experience and expertise in MNCH and Family Planning/Reproductive Health service delivery programs;
- Significant knowledge and experience working with and/or supporting the Ministry of Health in Rwanda;
- Proven ability to direct and manage a team and to work collaboratively with partners, USAID and headquarters staff;
- Demonstrated experience overseeing development of activity budgets, managing activity costs, and monitoring program spending against budget in an accurate and timely manner;
- Proven ability to manage confidential matters discreetly and with the trust and confidence of colleagues and clients, including USAID and Ministry of Health;
- Demonstrated diplomatic and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a complex and changing environment with all levels of stakeholders;
- Proven customer service (client-focused) management skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Kinyarwanda;
- Computer literacy in MS Office applications including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook; and Willingness to travel 25% within the country and internationally on occasions..
Job Skills and Other Abilities Needed
- Managing Performance: Ability to plan and design practices, processes and procedures that allow for effective management of people, resources and processes to optimize overall organizational performance. Managing for performance includes the ability to delegate and encourage growth and leadership across the team(s) as part of maximizing performance and productivity.
- Strategic Thinking: Applies organizational knowledge to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for IntraHealth while recognizing, anticipating and resolving organizational challenges. Ability to develop organization- and industry-specific expertise and apply sound decision-making processes to reach productive resolutions that translates strategy into actionable business plans.
- Effective Communication (Oral & Written): Understands effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience; and receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors
- Risk Management: Knowledge of processes, tools and techniques for assessing and controlling the organization’s exposure to risks of various kinds; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Innovation: Develops new, better or significantly different ideas, methods, solutions or initiatives within assigned role that result in improvement of IntraHealth’ s performance and meeting objectives, results and global commitments.
- Accountability: Holds self and others accountable for all work activities, research and personal actions and decisions; follows through on commitments and focuses on those activities that have the greatest impact on meeting measurable high-quality results for IntraHealth’ s success. Exercises ethical practices, respectful words and behaviors, and equitable treatment of others in all activities.
🌐 How to Apply
Job Application Channel Accepted
Learn more about IntraHealth Careers and apply @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers
Learn more about “Who We Are” @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/about-us1
The shortlisting and interviews will be done on rolling basis until the position is filled. Only applicants fulfilling the above requirements will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within two weeks from the submission, consider your application unsuccessful.
Application Deadline Provided
July 31, 2021.