🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
Rwanda Medical Supply Ltd is a state owned company created by the Government of Rwanda with a mandate of managing end to end health supply chain for Rwanda.
The vision of RMS Ltd is to ensure quality and timely availability of all health commodities to the public through a cost-efficient, sustainable, and effective supply chain. Drugs will be available throughout the country through an economical and financially sustainable supply chain that can meet current and future needs and manage increasing complexity.
The U.S. Agency for International Development (“USAID”) in partnership with Rwanda Medical Supply looks to procure and provide health commodities for USAID/Rwanda’s health program, including but not limited to HIV/AIDS, Malaria, Family Planning, and Maternal & Child Health through the TRMS (Transforming the Rwanda Medical Supply Chain) Project. The aim of TRMS is to address operational inefficiencies in Rwanda’s supply chain system such as lengthy procurement processes, poor inventory management and high end user mark-up.
RMS Ltd seeks to recruit a qualified candidate for the position of; Project Director for the USAID Transforming Rwanda Medical Supply Chain (TRMS) project.
Rwanda Medical Supply Ltd seeks to recruit a Project Director for USAID Transforming Rwanda Medical Supply (TRMS) Project.
📋 Job Description Details
Job Position Title
Project Director for USAID Transforming
Job Closing Date
30 July 2021
Number of Job Positions
Job Payment Terms and Contract
Competitive salary package
Job Duties& Tasks and Responsibilities
The Project Director will work closely with RMS management and USAID/Rwanda to ensure successful implementation of this project. S/He will be responsible for all aspects of the project including planning and budget management implementation. S/he will provide leadership and oversight of the TRMS project. S/He will also serve as the primary contact to USAID/Rwanda.
- Responsible for management of all project related activities and deliverables.
- Primary point of contact to USAID on the TRMS activity related matters.
- Leads and oversees the implementation of all the project’s activities with the aim of achieving the project goals and objectives.
- Provides overall technical, administrative and financial oversight of the project.
- Supervises the four Key Personnel and liaises closely with RMS leadership
- Provides change management advice to the RMS Ltd management particularly in the application of results-based human resources management and cash flow management.
- Maintains effective communication with the project staff, the MOH and its stakeholders, public, private, and FBO/NGO sector and other USG cooperating agencies and programs.
- Serves as the RMS liaison with USAID Third Party Monitoring partner.
- Report directly to the RMS Ltd Deputy CEO
- S/he will align reports in accordance to RMS Ltd procedures and guidelines
💼 Job Specification
Job Educational Qualification and Experience Needed
- A graduate degree in Pharmacy, Supply Chain or medical logistics related field. S/he expertise in global supply chain management, procurement of health commodities
- Minimum ten years of experience in management, international development including or public health with at
- least seven years of executive experience as Project Director and/or Deputy Director for development projects.
Job Skills and Other Abilities Needed
- Demonstrated ability to supervise teams across different capacities
- Demonstrate ability to work and collaborate with different stakeholders including with senior government officials and external donors
- Knowledge of the Rwanda country context (preferred)
- Ability to ensure successful transition with change management and change organization mindset.
- Strong Leadership and motivational ability
- Ability to gather and analyze information in order to make appropriate decisions
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel. PowerPoint,
knowledge of appropriate methods for data analysis, and reporting
Performance Level and Location:
This is a contract based position and will be based in Kigali, Rwanda, with intermittent travel throughout the country
🌐 How to Apply
Job Application Channel and Application Documents Needed
- Interested persons should send their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, include; “Rwanda Medical Supply Chain (TRMS) Project Director” the subject heading of your e-mail. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline Provided
Friday, July 30, 2021.