🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
The University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) is a new kind of university focused on training the next generation of global leaders in health care delivery. The university launched in Rwanda in September 2015 with its flagship degree program: the Master of Science in Global Health Delivery. Through an academic experience uniquely rooted in the values of equity, students are empowered to both ease suffering at the bedside and drive transformational, systemic changes to the health system.
UGHE is an initiative of Partners In Health (PIH), an internationally recognized non-profit organization whose mission is to provide a preferential option for the poor in health care. In over nearly three decades of operating alongside public sectors in countries around the world, PIH has developed a model to deliver high quality health care to some of the world’s most marginalized communities. Nowhere has this impact been more profound than in Rwanda, where Inshuti Mu Buzima—PIH’s sister organization—and our government partners have driven innovation for a decade.
Members of the UGHE community are tenacious and resolute in our drive to attain social justice, make common cause with those in need, listen to and learn from others, and operate with honesty and humility as we uphold academic integrity and intellectual curiosity. The University of Global Health
Equity seeks individuals committed to these values to join the team.
The Grants Analyst is a member of the UGHE growing Finance Team. In this role, s/he will be responsible for keeping grants documents, preparing funder invoices and financial reports, and participating in the proposal writing, especially budgeting.
The Grants Analyst position will work under the Grants Manager and closely with all departments of UGHE ensuring close coordination of the development of grant budgets, periodic program budgets review, expense analysis and reporting.
📋 Job Description Details
Job Position Title
Job Closing Date
22nd August 2021
Number of Job Positions
Job Duties& Tasks and Responsibilities
- Grants and Contract Administration
Maintain and update UGHE grants/contract tracking tool .
Keep meticulous files of the grant related documents.
Ensure that grants tracking mechanisms (both financial and non-financial) are properly implemented following all grants and contracts awards.
Review and draft contracts for subaward institutions and consultants
Participate in the development and renewal of grants proposals.
Schedule meetings, administer conference calls, and circulate minutes.
Review grants monthly expenditures and ensure that transactions are coded correctly and respond to all coding questions related to expenditures in grants.
Identify the grant transactions requiring reclassifications and ensure that they are processed in the accounting system.
Prepare invoices and/or financial reports for funders based on actual expenditures.
Regularly review expenses allocated to grants and contracts to confirm all allowable expenses based on the approved grant budget and agreement.
Participate in the grants/contracts closure of funds at the end of fiscal year and at the end of the grant/contract.
3.Proposal Writing and Budgeting
Support the entire process of grants application .
Prepare budget for grants application.
Provide support to the planning and budgeting processes.
Support urgent grants activities and events as required.
Review grants files to ensure that all the necessary information and documentations essential to financial accountability is available.
Other duties as assigned.
💼 Job Specification
Job Educational Qualification Needed
- Bachelor’s in accounting, finance, or related field required.
Job Experience Needed
- At least 5 years of experience in Grants management required.
Minimum of 2 years of experience in analytical roles.
Job Skills and Other Abilities Needed
- Mastery of the basic standards of accounting
- Demonstrated strength in relevant computer software including Excel, and experience
with accounting software such as Microsoft Dynamics NAV is preferred.
- Fluency in English is required, proficiency in Kinyarwanda preferred.
- Superior attention to detail and adaptability to rapidly changing work environments
- Commitment to Global Health Equity and social justice
- Demonstrated competence in assessing priorities and managing a variety of activities in a time-sensitive environment.
- Ability to make decisions based on data findings.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment leading new initiatives
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to effectively collaborate with culturally diverse staff across departments and countries
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated tactical thinking and analytical skills.
- Good judgment, and creative problem-solving
- Possess diplomatic instincts, ability to work within challenging professional contexts requiring tact and judgment gracefully and humbly
🌐 How to Apply
Job Application Channel Accepted
Candidates should submit a CV and a cover letter detailing their interest and aptitude for this position by the link
Application Deadline Provided
Please Apply for this Post not later than 22nd /August/2021