🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
Building Learning Foundations (BLF) is a programme funded by the UK government which aims to improve the quality of teaching and leadership in Rwanda’s primary schools. The objective of BLF is to improve English literacy and Mathematics in grades P1-P5, ensuring that children have the required foundational skills to make successful progress through the system. BLF focuses on building the capacity of teachers, enhancing school leadership, strengthening the country’s education system and improving education for children with special educational needs. This project is delivered by a consortium consisting of Education Development Trust, the consortium lead, VSO and British Council.
About the role
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manager will be responsible for oversight and coordination of all the monitoring, evaluation and reporting requirement-related activities and requirements of the Building Learning Foundations program. This includes working closely with the Education Technical Lead in the development and day-to-day management of the client log frame, oversight and management of the BLF data management plan. The incumbent will be responsible for the M&E system.
📋 Job Description Details
Job Position Title
Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager
Job Closing Date
Number of Job Positions
Job Duties& Tasks and Responsibilities
- Development of the Monitoring & Evaluation Strategy and oversight of its implementation and periodic revision
- Proactively seek out data to assist staff in making decisions,
- Development of Monitoring & Evaluation instruments and tools for the programme, in collaboration with technical teams
- Ensure programming is aligned to targets and milestones and use the information from the M&E systems and tools to improve the program effectiveness.
- Support and supervise collection and analysis of data for programme M&E activities such as base-line progress, midline end line assessments
- Provide technical assistance to build and strengthen partner and stakeholder’s capacity for data management and M&E
- Provide information and support in the development of the workplan, quarterly reports and annual reports
- Organize and provide training in M&E tools and systems for project staff on data collection, analysis and reporting.
- Undertake regular visits to the field to support implementation of M&E and to assure data quality and to identify where adaptations might be needed.
- Prepare and share required analytical reports on progress, highlighting areas of concern and proposed actionable recommendations
- Lead the development and implementation of the programme research agenda
- Plan and organize the quarterly learning sessions to discuss M&E findings
- Contribute to the development and implementation of corporate monitoring and evaluation framework
- Contribute to the programme management aspects such as work planning, risk management as well as programme value for money monitoring
- Identify capacity gaps of MEL staff and lead capacity building of MEL staff and partners through coaching, mentoring, and training
- In collaboration of Education Technical lead, troubleshoot MEL systems and program quality issues
💼 Job Specification
Job Educational Qualification Needed
- A Master’s degree in monitoring and evaluation, international development, education, statistics, mathematics, or related field.
- Advanced training in quantitative methodologies, including database management; experience in qualitative research techniques in addition preferred.
Job Experience Needed
- A minimum of 7 years of management experience in designing and implementing M&E systems in a developing country context; monitoring and evaluation of education, literacy programmes would be an added advantage.
- Experience in data collection, statistical analysis, using either / both quantitative and qualitative research and dissemination of results
- Proven experience working with donor’s representatives and counterparts in government institutions such as MINEDUC, REB, NESA, NISR and RNEC
- Proven experience overseeing and ensuring the success of MEL systems for an international donor funded education projects
- Experience in designing survey and research tools, evaluation terms of reference and concept notes,
- Experience in organising and delivering training workshops
- Proven experience in knowledge management and implementation of a robust learning agenda for continuous collaboration, learning, adaptation
- Prior work experience leading large scale assessment and impact evaluation in education sector.
Job Skills and Other Abilities Needed
- Strong technical skills in M&E and data management
- Ability to analyse complex data and summarize it for a range of audiences
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks in a fast paced and complex environment.
- Flexible and proactive approach to problem solving
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team
- Strong presentation and report writing skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills, and ability to manage tasks with precise deadlines
- High degree of integrity, tact, diplomacy, and corporate spirit
- Sound strategic thinking and planning skills, including ability to think creatively and innovate, set priorities, create manageable workplans, and evaluate progress
- Experience with digital data collection systems and platforms
- Proficiency in relevant data collection and analysis software such as SPSS, SAS, Stata R, NVivo orATLAS. ti.
- Hands-on skills on creating M&E performance dashboards
- Sound understanding and practical knowledge of qualitative methods
Familiarity and knowledge of Rwandan Education Sector will be an added advantage
Education Development Trust and its consortium partners are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Education Development Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women are encouraged to apply
🌐 How to Apply
Job Application Channel Accepted
Interested candidates should send an application letter plus updated Curriculum Vitae in English, including 3 names of professional referees through: https://careers.educationdevelopmenttrust.com/vacancies/1290/monitoring-evaluation-and-learning-mel-manager.html
Application Deadline Provided
Please Apply for this Post not later than 29/ July /2021