🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
Reporting: Manager, Programs and Innovations, Sexuality and Disability Program
Founded in 2000, CREA is a feminist human rights organization based in New Delhi, India. CREA works at community, national, regional, and global levels and is one of the few international feminist organizations based in the global South. CREA focuses on building feminist leadership, strengthening movements, expanding sexual and reproductive freedoms, promoting rightsbased approaches to reducing gender-based violence, and advancing the human rights of ‘structurally excluded’ people.
CREA uses the term ‘structurally excluded’ to draw attention to the ways in which societal
architecture prevents certain people from enjoying the full spectrum of rights and from
meaningfully and effectively participating in their communities and decision-making spaces.
The Associate, Programs and Innovations, Sexuality and Disability Program will be responsible for supporting coordination, logistic support and implementation of CREA’s national and regional portfolio of work on sexuality and disability in compliance with the CREA Strategic Plan. CREA’s portfolio of work focuses on advancing inclusive and more visible advocacy and leadership by diverse persons with disabilities and to break down the stigmatizing frameworks and harmful systems of beliefs that marginalize women, girls and trans persons with disabilities. Building on the pioneering human rights reforms proposed by the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD), CREA strengthens capacity, creates knowledge resources and supports public education to translate vision into practice. The Program Associate will work in providing support to all our programs in the region with incountry focus in Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda as well as cross-regionally.
The Associate, Programs and Innovations will:
Support ensuring programs and grants within this portfolio of work are delivered in line
with the program scope, timeline, budget and in accordance with donor regulations.
Work proactively with the Disability & Sexuality team, other CREA teams and CREA
partners to advance inclusive and more visible advocacy and leadership by diverse
persons with disabilities, especially in cross-movement settings.
📋 Job Description Details
Job Position Title
Program Associate Programs and Innovations (Sexuality and Disability Program)
Job Closing Date
10 August 2021
Job Duties& Tasks and Responsibilities
1,Coordination, communication and logistics
- Support coordination of specific programs, especially those being implemented with
- Conduct day-to-day correspondence for implementing the planned activities with
partners, and report progress and challenges to Program Manager and Program
Coordinator on a regular basis.
- Support coordination of a fellowship program. Communicate with fellows and
- Assist in planning and facilitation of CREA led events e.g. rethink evenings and
- Organize online and offline events, and provide logistics support. Provide
communication and follow up with various organizations and internal and external
teams for meetings and events. Send out meeting invite letters, follow up on invitees
and preparing resource and meeting folders.
- Administrative support to partner engagements such as travel requests,
reimbursements forms and other documents related to partners engagements.
- Organise and manage logistics for training workshops, campaigns, meetings and
consultations, and provide necessary assistance on the same to partners (online
and in person logistics).
- Support in documentation of workshops and meetings.
- Work closely with the the Communications team in highlighting the program on
different social media platforms and within relevant communications initiatives
2.Networking, Advocacy and Convening
● Support CREA’s advocacy initiatives with regards to disability, gender and sexuality.
● Support maintaining relationships with partner organisations and fellow activists.
● Participate in and co-facilitate community/partner-based training sessions and
● Prepare first drafts of training checklists, handouts or other materials as needed.
● Needs assessments at various stages of implementation of programmes
● Implement participatory and accessible decision making processes for CREA and it’s
● Support in preparing presentations, concept notes or write-ups for meetings and
● Provide organizational and logistics support to convene dialogues based on
intersectional rights issues bringing together activists from different movements to
broaden understandings around disability, gender and sexuality and to forge
partnerships and alliances to advance new forms of understanding on inclusion and
● Provide communication and administrative support to the team on various initiatives
including: scheduling meetings across time zones and with a diversity of constituents,
coordinating accessibility requests and systematizing processe
- Support Manager, Programs and Innovations in implementation of annual activity
plans and budgets.
- Support grant management related functions including: documentation of grants
- processes to capture impact and progress, coordination of grants implementation, support
in monitoring, evaluation and learning.
● Support in desk research for donor proposal development.
💼 Job Specification
Job Educational Qualification and Experience Needed
- Graduate in the area of disability studies, social science, human rights, humanities
,gender studies, international development with relevant issues based experience
on advancing the rights of persons with disabilities.
- 1-2 years of experience within disability rights organizing. Preference will be given to
applicants with engagement in feminist or intersectional organizing addressingr
Job Skills and Other Abilities Needed
- Strong understanding of disability rights, including UN CRPD, and the sexual and
reproductive rights of persons with disabilities, and a commitment to advancing these
- Broad knowledge of gender and sexual diversity and issues central to the LGBTI
movement. Identifies with feminist values.
- Self-directed and able to drive processes independently. Detail oriented and takes
initiative with an ability to self-motivate and produce high-quality products.
- Has experience in ensuring accessiblity of online and offline processes and is
committed to practicing and advancing accessibility of feminist spaces.
- Excellent communication skills, strong time management aptitude,, uses systems and
processes and good interpersonal skills for follow up and communication
- Prior experience in participatory organizing, and coordinating will be an
- Excellent writing and speaking skills in English. Also desirable is fluency in local
language/s of the region, including national or international Sign Language.
- Is able to work well with a variety of different personalities to get the work done,
good influencing skills
- Committed to ongoing professional learning and knowledge sharing with CREA staff
🌐 How to Apply
Job Application Documents Needed
- Interested candidates who meet the required educational and experience requirements should send their CV along with a cover letter, current and expected salary to email@example.com by 10th August 2021. Please include in the subject line the name of the position you are applying for. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Application Deadline Provided
Please Apply for this Post not later than: 10/ August /2021