🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
Ecobank Rwanda Plc is a full-service bank that joined the Rwandan market in 2007 with the aim of providing a broad range of products and Services to Consumer, Commercial and Corporates business segments.
The bank’s vision is to build a world-class bank and contribute to the economic development and financial integration of Rwanda and the region by providing customers with convenient and reliable financial products and services.
Ecobank Rwanda Plc is an affiliate under Ecobank Group and operates in Central East and Southern African (CESA) region.
In order to respond to our growing market with the required human capital, we are currently looking for experienced professional in the following area
Overview of the Position
Acts as documentation and Legal Advisor to the Bank and provide quality and timely legal support and advice on company secretarial, credit-legal, and operational, dispute resolution and debt recovery undertakings within the Bank.
📋 Job Description Details
Job Position Title
Job Closing Date
17 August, 2021
Number of Job Positions
Kigali – Rwanda
Job Duties& Tasks and Responsibilities
- Receive loan facilities files the main branch and other bank branches credit for recommendation and approval of disbursement of credits, draft/review security documentation for the loan facilities files received and ensure timely registration of the securities thereof within the time allowed under the relevant laws.
- Compile and crosschecks security documents to be submitted to the Office of the Registrar General for registration and ensures that they are in order and follow both the law and the bank’s procedures. Maintain the securities register of all securities received for custody in the department and upon their release by/from the department. Coordinate the securities registration with the different department.
- Archive and Maintain all types of agreements for consultancy, safety and security, required by the various departments of the Bank. Draft/peruse and review agreements to be entered into by the bank with firms/persons engaged to provide consultancy services to the Bank. Draft/peruse and review agreements to be entered into by the Bank in respect of purchase, maintenance, etc. (other than credit agreement). Control and coordinate all the files related to contracts/agreements.
- Tracking system to monitor the expiry dates of the Bank’s contracts, electronic registrar of the contracts
- Support the preparation of handling RRA garnishment notice and receive all correspondence addressed to Legal
- Department and transmission of outgoing letter response and maintain archive of all correspondences.
- Coordinate with Risk department and other department, waivers (main-levees) and any other documents in relation to remittance of client’s securities.
- Weekly report/ monthly report
💼 Job Specification
Job Educational Qualification and Experience Needed
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Degree in Law
- 3 years in the banking sector,
- Good understanding of the legal system in Rwanda
- Good understanding of the banking environment
- Good communication skills
- Good responsiveness
🌐 How to Apply
Job Application Channel Accepted and Application Documents Needed
- Interested candidates should send their application file (CV, Academic certificate and cover letter) via the
- Only those who strictly meet the criteria should apply for this position
- Due to expected high volume of applications we cannot respond to all applications and will only be contacting shortlisted applicants.
Ecobank Rwanda Plc is an equal opportunities company and females’ candidates are encouraged to apply, if your career aspirations match this exciting opportunity, please write in confidence quoting the position on the subject matter
Application Deadline Provided
Please Apply for this Post not later than 17 /August/ 2021