🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
Since Kepler’s launch in 2013, we continue to building a model of accessible and quality higher education. We provide a different kind of education – one that combines in-person, online, and on-the-job learning in service of a singular goal: decent jobs for young Africans. And we have been successful with more than 90% of scholars employed within six months of graduating. Kepler, through a partnership with Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU), has enrolled more than 1,000 students across our campuses in Kigali and the Kiziba refugee camp in Western Rwanda.
We have entered into a dynamic time at Kepler. Over the next few months, Kepler hopes to become locally accredited in Rwanda through Kepler College and we are expanding our academic offerings and programs in Rwanda and Ethiopia.
Brief description of the position
The Education Collaborative of the Ashesi University in partnership with Kepler has initiated an innovative program to support higher education institutions in Africa to bring sustainable and impactful outcomes through system level changes. The outcomes have been divided into different tracks and the employability track has been chosen to be rolled this year. Through the employability track, Kepler will be leading the support program for three higher education institutions in the region. The program focuses on impacting employment outcomes by supporting their initiatives on transforming their students’ career support programs through system level changes.
The Program Assistant will be in charge of helping Kepler to develop and execute the program and ensure smooth day today operation of the program. The role includes providing administrative support to different SCP teams throughout the planning and implementation stages of the program, coordinating the communication between program participants and managerial staff, creating and updating program schedules and assisting in the planning and managing program events.
This position has non-traditional work hours that may require starting work early or finishing work late. The position is equivalent to 45 work hours/week with some fluctuation throughout 15-months.
📋 Job Description Details
Job Position Title
SCP Program Assistant
Job Closing Date
15th August 2021
Number of Job Positions
Job Payment Terms and Contract
Job Duties& Tasks and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the communication between the program participants, mentors and the Kepler team. For example, maintaining program calendars and sending out reminders of impending appointments.
- Plan and coordinate program meetings and ensure that all the meeting outcome are clearly documented and next steps are followed.
- Collaborate with the program manager and coordinator to document program reports, and other essential communication as it may be required from time to time.
- Support the team in making reservations for site visits, and travel requirements and any other travel needs.
- Manage fund requests and transfers, expense accounting, and reporting from participating institutions
💼 Job Specification
Job Educational Qualification ,Experience and Skills Needed
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, human resource management, public relations, communications or related fields.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in leading projects and university or business/industry environment involving career and employment issues, sales/marketing, or other business development functions.
- Highly organized in both time and in resources; need to manage progress reports, timetables, and financial budgets.
- Has interpersonal skills for collaborating effectively with others and displays the ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal formats.
- Possesses functional knowledge and/or personal experience with technology: Microsoft Suite, Google Drive, and Google Chrome.
- Thrives in a dynamic environment and believes that change leads to progress.Stands to benefit:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Health insurance.
- Additional days of vacation during December break.
- The position is Kigali, Rwanda based.
🌐 How to Apply
Job Application Channel Accepted
Job Application Documents Needed
- Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and cv/resume through BambooHR. Applicant link:https://kepler1.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=121&source=aWQ9NA%3D%3D
- All applicants must apply using our online application system, CVs received via email or standard post will NOT be considered.
furthermore: Kepler values diversity as a paramount aspect of growth and provides equal opportunities. Discrimination against employees based on gender, race, religion, physical abilities, social status, beliefs, and cultural values is strictly forbidden.
Application Deadline Provided
Please Apply for this Post not later than 15th /August /2021