🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
I. ABOUT US
Purpose: U’Mwiza-Rwanda with our partner Unbound, our purpose is to create a worldwide community of compassion through personal outreach. Unbound envisions a world where persons from diverse backgrounds are living in authentic relationships with themselves, one another, and in authentic relationships with the resources of the world.
U’Mwiza-Rwanda is a Local nonprofit organization in partnership of Unbound an international nonprofit founded by lay Catholics grounded in the Gospel call to put the needs of the marginalized and vulnerable first. We build relationships of mutual respect and support that bridge cultural, religious, and economic divides. We invite all people of goodwill to join us.
U’Mwiza-Rwanda mission is to walk with the poor and marginalized people.
- We provide personal attention and direct benefits to children, youth, elders, and their families so they may live with dignity, achieve their desired potential and participate fully in society.
- We invite people of goodwill to live in daily solidarity with the world’s poor through one-to-one sponsorship.
- We build community by fostering relationships of mutual respect, understanding, and support that are culturally diverse, empowering, and without religious or other prejudice.
Grounded in the Gospel call to serve the poor, U’Mwiza-Rwanda is an organization working with persons of all faith traditions to create a grateful community of compassion and service.
📋 Job Description Details
II. WHAT OPPORTUNITIES DO WE HAVE FOR YOU?
At U’Mwiza-Rwanda we believe our Employees are the bridge to achieving our program development goals and creating sustainable social and economic change in our society. We make it our priority to ensure their growth and comfort while working with us.
Job Title and requirements
Job Title: PROJECT ACCOUNTANT FOR U’MWIZA RWANDA
REPORTS TO: PROJECT COORDINATOR
The total compensation (base salary and benefits) will be between RWF 10,626,756 and RWF 12,457,928 depending on education and work experience.
Job Duties& Tasks and Responsibilities
- Document financial transactions for the Coordinating unit by entering them in the Cashbook and into Abila.
- Examine, carry out and properly file cash and bank reconciliations for the Coordinating unit
- Carry out monthly disbursements of funds to subprojects while ensuring that all the supporting documents e.g. Financial memos are sent to the respective subprojects
- Ensure a proper, efficient, and timely process in budgeting and disbursement of benefits to the beneficiaries.
- Review accounting transactions, bank reconciliations, and financial reports for all the subprojects and submit them to the regional Accountant within the given timelines.
- Ensure all staff advances, supplier invoices, and other project payments are processed in line with laid down procedures and that they are all correctly accounted for.
- Maintain updated asset and liability listing for the project.
- Maintain up-to-date internal controls; preparing and recommend policies & procedures while ensuring their implementation.
- Oversees the payroll function and ensures that all statutory obligations are met and submitted to the government.
- Prepare and consolidate the annual budget for the project in liaison with the departments, subproject teams and ensure compliance with the budget.
- Cooperate with external auditors to ensure that all records required during the audit process are availed; any queries are responded to and any recommendations are implemented.
- Regularly analyze financial statements and advise the Project coordinator on the financial position of the project.
- Coordinate accounting works within the project and carry out support subproject visits.
- Secures financial information by ensuring data backups are carried out.
- Any other duty as assigned by the Project Coordinator
- Disbursing funds to subprojects,
- Ensuring the benefit distribution is done in good time, design and reviewing financial system and procedures that will enable credible and timely benefits distributions,
- Handling cash transactions as you receive them from a petty cashier, and ensuring that the cash files are in order,
- Ensuring that all payment requests is well signed and supported with relevant documents, verified, and well filed
- Ensuring that financial books are well updated and proper filling is done,
- Preparing the project’s annual and coordinating office, monthly administrative budgets in a timely manner and ensuring purchases are made accordingly,
- Monitoring child/elders accounts and ensuring proper expenditure and reconciliations of the accounts and child/elders files in a timely manner,
- Work with ledger book holders to ensure that the stores are well updated and maintained,
- Reviewing the financial reports from subprojects and posting the transactions,
- Preparing bank reconciliation for the coordinating office in a timely manner,
- Preparing the payroll on time,
- Tracking and ensuring all project assets are well used, maintained, and are in good order,
- Ensuring compliance with the project financial policies, by periodically auditing the finances in the project and also monitoring financial reports from the subproject,
- Ensuring project data is maintained in safe back up as well as for the subproject,
- Planning for the internal and external Audits and leading in statutory audit and keeping the project abreast of the same.
- And any other duties which can be assigned to you.
💼 Job Specification
Job Educational Qualification Needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics or closely related field
- Professional qualification in ACCA/CPA, CIMA
- At least 2 years experience in finance roles
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Ability to manage relationships and expectations on various levels
- Languages: Fluency in Kinyarwanda and either English or French, with working knowledge of the other
- Strong computer skills in a Windows environment including e-mail, Skype, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- Ability to write reports and correspondence required. Ability to write procedure manuals preferred
- Excellent organizing capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Proven experience in managing people
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- A good communicator within and outside work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good planning and organization skills
🌐 How to Apply
Job Application Channel Accepted
We empower our employees by offering those training, career-building sessions, and team-building workshops, this helps you to run and make achieve your personal goals.
If the position described below speaks to you, send us your application via email at firstname.lastname@example.org by or before 10th September 2021 marking the subject as “The Job You Are Applying for”. i.e. ‘Project Accountant’
Application Deadline Provided
Please Apply for this Post not later than …………..10……../ ………….09………../ 20…21…………….