🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
RECRUITMENT NOTICE Nº 003/09/2021
To address constraints hindering the quality of health services in Rwanda, the Government of Rwanda recommended the Ministry of Health to define strategies to motivate and retain health professionals in the public sector. The Ministry of Health has identified the Health Sector Staff – Mutual Aid Group (HSS-MAG) among the multidimensional strategies that can be implemented to incentivize and retain health professionals in public health facilities in Rwanda. In 2017, the HSS MAG registered as a savings and credit scheme for health sector staff, with the primary objective of improving their socio-economic conditions and promoting access to finance, by assisting staff to make savings and access low-rate loans.
📋 Job Description Details
HSS-MAG wishes to recruit the competent and self-driven persons on the following position regardless the gender and other kinds of discrimination.
B) Position: Risk and Compliance Manager
Number of needed staff: One per position
Employment period: Temporary
Working place: HSS-MAG Head Office
3. RISK AND COMPLIANCE JOB PURPOSE STATEMENT
Reporting to the Audit Committee, the Risk and Compliance Manager is supporting the HSS-MAG to conform with guidelines and associated rules and regulations. He / She is accountable for auditing, overseeing, and ensuring that the process within HSS-MAG doesn’t violate regulations. His / Her task is an ongoing initiative which continually responds to business growth, newly implemented laws, and changing regulatory environment.
Job Duties& Tasks and Responsibilities
3.1. Key responsibilities
- Coordinate and facilitate the effective implementation of the overall HSS-MAG risk management system, including its review and monitoring.
- Perform compliance reviews to assess compliance with all financial, accounting, legal, performance requirements, regulations, policies, and policies.
- Support and ensure the Accountant complies with all the local laws including taxation, social security, labor laws among others, and various rules and regulations
- Support and facilitate the monitoring of progress towards agreed risk management/mitigation actions, such that remedial actions can be taken in a timely way as and when necessary.
- Coordinate and facilitate the identification and classification of risks to the HSS-MAG’s operations, the documentation of these, and the determination of appropriate actions to appropriately manage/mitigate such risks.
- Conduct internal audits and reviews at regular intervals to ensure that compliance procedures are regularly followed
- Ensure that all the employees are thoroughly updated about the HSS-MAG’s policies, regulations, and processes
- Resolve employee issues about the legal risk compliances
- Advise how to comply with accounting reporting standard and for correction where it is necessary
- Evaluating compliance systems and ensuring adequate software is in place
- Reporting on compliance
- Conducting compliance risk assessment training workshops
- Conducting internal reviews and audits
3.2. Key measurable goals
- Full compliance with all laws and regulations that pertain to the industry, as well as professional standards, accepted business practices, and internal policies and standards.
💼 Job Specification
Job Educational Qualification Needed
3.3. Skills & Competencies
- Communication skills
- Risk assessment capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Business knowledge.
- Problem-solving skills
- Ambitious professional with a Master’s Degree in Business and Administration, Finance or related field;
- At least Five (5) years of relevant professional experience, working in a taxation environment is an added advantage
- To be between 35 and 45 years’ old
🌐 How to Apply
Job Application Channel Accepted
Interested candidates should submit soft copies of the motivation letter; copy of ID; CV and copy of required degree, other important documents, and a Maximum of 3 persons of professional references addressed electronically to the HSS-MAG Office at the Ministry of Health, latest 24/09/2021 at 6:00 PM on the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions/clarifications may be requested by email to the following email address: email@example.com
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the exam and interview.
Done at Kigali, on 03/09/2021