🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
LIVING WATER INTERNATIONAL RWANDA (LWIR): JOB VACANCY
Living Water International (LWI) is a faith-based non-profit organization that helps communities in developing countries to create sustainable water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) programs in response to the global water crisis. Living Water International has been operating in Rwanda since 2007and it is currently implementing WASH Programs in Ruhango and Nyanza Districts. LWI Rwanda is hiring for the Program Officer (Program Development and Resource Mobilization Officer) to be based in the Kigali office.
📋 Job Description Details
Position Title: Program Officer (Program Development and Resource Mobilization Officer)
Reporting to: Country Director
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Reporting to the Country Director, the Program Officer plays an important role in fundraising and grant acquisition through developing concept notes and proposals. The Role provides Support in the implementation of the country partnership strategy to ensure alignment to LWIR goals and objectives. The position works closely with the Country Director contributing to the development of WASH programs in the country, along with the improvement of their management, monitoring, and reporting.
Job Duties& Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop project proposals and or respond to call for proposals
- Maintain a database of all LWIR donors
- Supporting the implementation of a partnership strategy and ensure it is in line with the LWIR goals and objectives.
- Provide secretarial support for all program and donor meetings.
- Promote strategic relationships with donors, within Rwanda and the world at large who have an interest in the WASH sector.
- Identify new donors, establish, and maintain good relationships with relevant counterparts/departments of the government across Rwanda.
- Develop relationships with locally represented multi/bi-lateral donors, foundations, international and national NGOs, CBOs, and other civil society organizations.
- Identify and track relevant upcoming funding opportunities through advance intelligence gathering, strengthened partner relationships, and other available resources, and advise the country office management team on fundraising strategies.
- Manage pre-solicitation proposal preparations and bid planning, teaming, bid strategy, development of win-themes, oversight of and contribution to the technical design of in-country proposals prior to the solicitation
- Responsible for establishing, managing, and updating the Country funding pipeline.
Project Management, Monitoring, Reporting, and Evaluation
- Ensure that donor requirement and project targets are met during program implementation.
- Assist in coordinating the overall reporting of donor-funded projects, ensuring that reporting requirements are met
- Coordinate with program/project/directors/ managers and sector specialists in the planning and undertaking of field assessments and technical evaluations of current and ongoing projects
- Participate in the design and implementation of baseline surveys, needs assessments, mid-term evaluations of WPAs, external Evaluations of WPAs, and impact evaluations as necessary
- Support the development and implementation of country office annual operational plans and budgeting, to ensure project targets are met within the stipulated time frame and project delivery adheres to donor requirements.
- Consolidate departmental monthly reports for all departments into country progress indicators and donor reports, providing accurate information to the regional and global offices as well as donors.
- Act as public relations liaison by preparing regular high-quality communication and audience tailored correspondence to line ministries, donors, regional and global offices through writing letters, minutes, program summaries, most significant change stories
- Act as an Executive Assistant to the Country Director.
💼 Job Specification
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- MUST be a committed Christian with a personal relationship with Christ Jesus.
- The minimum requirement of a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Project Management, Development studies, international development, Rural Development, Finance, Water Resources, and Environment Management, Monitoring and evaluation, or any other relevant social sciences- with hands-on/proven experience
- Five years working experience in a program /development related environment with at least 3 years experience in resource mobilization or fundraising
Competencies and other Skills:
- Experience in program design, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation with a focus on WASH Programs.
- Excellent command and communication in English; (verbal and writing)
- Knowledge of and working experience with Ms. Word, Excel systems, and PowerPoint presentations. SPSS is an added advantage.
- Well organized and detail-oriented
- Proven skills in managing multiple roles and tasks simultaneously and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Able and willing to travel to international locations that at times may have limited amenities
- Proficient in report writing.
🌐 How to Apply
Job Application Channel Accepted
Qualified candidates can submit a cover letter (no more than two pages), explaining how they qualify for the applied position. A resume (C.V) with details of qualifications and work experience including 3 traceable referees, with their telephone and email contacts; one of them should be your current church leader and a previous employer; attach copies of academic papers- Degrees, relevant professional trainings/certification, and other relevant certificates. The offer of employment is made contingent upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks. Applications should be submitted via email to: Rwanda@water.cc and a copy to Prulinda@water.cc
Please merge all application credentials/papers in one single word or PDF format document and write your name, followed by the Position applied for in the subject matter line.
ONLY Applicants that STRICTLY meet the qualifications and person specifications should apply
The closing date for receiving applications is on 17th September 2021 at 5:00 PM.
Note: Hard copies are not accepted.
Done at Kigali, on, 7th September 2021.
Mr. Hastings Banda
Living Water International- Rwanda