🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small shops to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. Sokowatch aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Rwanda, Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda use Sokowatch’s mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
📋 Job Description Details
Role: Store Manager-Kigali, Reporting into Special Projects Manager
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Job Purpose: You are responsible for executing the vision of Sokowatch’s 1st retail store in Kigali. You are responsible for developing and implementing operational processes that are in line with Company policy. You are responsible for recruiting, training, and managing a high-performing store team to deliver on set targets.
Job Duties& Tasks and Responsibilities
- Team: recruitment, training, and management of the store team
- Developing and ensuring implementation of all store SOPs (standard operating procedures)
- Managing relationships with key partners/suppliers to ensure the stock has the relevant inventory for customers
- Developing and implementing a marketing and customer loyalty strategy to drive sales performance versus target
- Ensure proper documentation and compliance of store operations to Group operating/personnel policies
- Be the primary point of contact between the store and other local Sokowatch based departments
- Develop and institute OKRs/KPIs for all store team members
- Constantly tracking and reporting store OKRs/KPIs together with challenges and mitigation plans to ensure they are achieved
- Performing other duties as may be assigned by the Special Projects Manager
💼 Job Specification
Job Qualification Needed
Qualifications and skills required
- Diploma supply chain/Procurement, Accounting, Finance or in any business-related Course
- Knowledge of accounting software is an added advantage
- Good communication skills
- Computer skills (Ms. Excel, Word)
- At least 5+ years experience in a similar role
- Ready & willing to work flexible work hours
🌐 How to Apply
Job Application Channel Accepted
Send your applications to email@example.com and clearly indicate ‘Store Manager’ on the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.