🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security, and governance—as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
At Abt Associates, we are committed to creating a lasting culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion and recognize that in order to achieve full participation,
our practices must be free of prejudice, discrimination, and bias that result in inequitable outcomes. We are actively working to advance equity for everyone, and while we still have much work to do, we know that racial and cultural diversity are an asset to our business and the communities where we live and serve.
Our ongoing commitment is focused on creating business practices that advance racial and social equity, investments in community impact programs for the benefit of Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC), and expand upon project work related to racial equity and social justice.
📋 Job Description Details
Job Position Title
Warehouse Manager – VectorLink/Rwanda
Abt Associates, Kigali, RW
Deadline for Application submission:04/10/2021
Under the supervision of Logistics Coordinator, the Warehouse Manager is responsible for inventory management and assuring that commodities used in IRS campaigns and entomology surveillance activities are secure and safely stored at the project’s main warehouse. This position will help arrange for the logistics of delivering of all IRS commodities to IRS campaign operation sites in various locations, and assuring accurate inventory counts for all IRS commodities being used during the IRS campaign. The Warehouse Manager will be expected to liaise regularly with the storekeepers at each IRS operation site to assure all needed IRS campaign commodities are in-stock, and collections of IRS campaign wastes are ongoing and transported back to the central warehouse.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Receipt and quality control of delivered goods to project warehouse.
- Processing appropriate supply chain documentation and updating stock cards to assure an accurate count of IRS commodities at the central warehouse.
- Managing the project’s inventory control system during the IRS campaign, including storage, quality control, inventory record-keeping, and inventory reporting.
- Working with the project staff to supervise the storage, distribution, and transport of IRS commodities to all IRS campaign operation sites, to assure they have the necessary equipment to complete IRS.
- Working with the project staff to supervise store keepers and operation site storerooms.
- Assuring accurate and exact knowledge of IRS commodities at the central warehouse, and at each operation site storerooms at any given time.
- In collaboration with the Environmental Compliance Officer:
- Ensuring that all health and safety measures are in place and followed at all store and spraying locations.
- Ensuring the clearance and proper disposal of all waste material and excess items from project stores.
💼 Job Specification
Job Qualification Needed
- Diploma in Logistics, Business, Supply Chain Management, Administration, or other relevant field.
- Significant experience in supply chain management and the storage of health commodities.
- Demonstrated experience in warehouse/stores management.
- Excellent management, supervisory, organizational, computer, and writing skills.
- Experience with international donor projects preferred.
- English language fluency.
High School Diploma + Two years of relevant experience, or Associates Degree
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.
🌐 How to Apply
Job Application Channel Accepted
To apply use the link below: Warehouse Manager – VectorLink/Rwanda not later than 4th October 2021.