🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
Since Kepler’s launch in 2013, we are building a model of accessible and quality higher education. We provide a different kind of education – one that combines in-person, online and on-the-job learning in service of a singular goal: decent jobs for young Africans. And we have been successful, with more than 90% of scholars employed within six months of graduating.
Kepler, through a partnership with Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU), has enrolled more than 1,000 students across our campuses. We are registered 501(c)(3) organization in the US. We have operations in Rwanda and Ethiopia. We currently above 3 other staff based in the US and operations and the operations are small and limited.
📋 Job Description Details
LocationNew York, New York
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Finance and Compliance Officer will report to the Vice President of Administration and Operations he or she will manage the day-to-day implementation of finance and compliance activities for the US entity and oversee the Global Operations. The Finance and Compliance Officer will conduct assessments of all Kepler financial transactions detailed below in the US and work closely with the finance team in Rwanda, Ethiopia and other countries. This position will be based in the US as a full-time remote position.
Job Duties& Tasks and Responsibilities
Banking, Finance, and Payroll: Estimated 10 Transaction per week
- Oversee the preparation and planning of budgets.
- Manage financial schedules of all assets
- Manage payroll, vendor payments and all other inter country financial transfers.
- Track investments and maintain relevant cash reserves.
- Maintain records and receipts for all daily transactions.
- Ensure financial records are kept up-to-date with the latest transactions and changes.
- Manage the preparation and reporting of all financial statements, invoices, and all other proposals as needed.
- Perform periodic financial analysis to detect and resolve problems.
- Work closely with the team in Rwanda to assess and address potential issues during first year.
- Will be responsible for Audits in subsequent years
Registration, Compliance and Reporting
- Develop and implement an effective legal compliance program
- Create sound internal controls and monitor adherence to them
- Evaluate business activities (e.g. investments) to assess compliance risk
Grants & Donor Reporting
- Maintain the overall approach, system and processes for KEPLER’s reporting to donors and partners.
- Maintain a matrix of clear roles and responsibilities for all individuals involved in the Financial donor reporting process.
- Maintain an up-to-date grants database and ensure all project grant documentation is up-to-date and complete (including enforcing appropriate filing requirements for all grant documents)
- Strengthen adherence to compliance with contracts and donor requirements by providing staff with the required technical support, guidance and training to ensure all projects comply with donor expectations.
💼 Job Specification
Job Qualification Needed
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, public administration, or related field
- Three (3) years of professional performance auditing, analytical or similar work experience
- Possession of a professional designation such as Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Public Accountant, Certified Governmental Auditing Professional, Certified Information Systems Analyst, Certified Government Finance Manager, or Certified Fraud Examiner added advantage
Preferred Start Date: January 2022
Job Location: Remote work in US
🌐 How to Apply
Job Application Channel Accepted
CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW
Kepler values diversity as the paramount aspect of growth and provides equal opportunities. Therefore, it does not discriminate against employees based on gender, race, religion, physical abilities, social status, beliefs, and cultural values.