🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
Finance Officer at Better World Rwanda: (Deadline 12 November 2021)
Finance Officer for UPG Program
Better World is a Community-Focused Christian humanitarian organization implementing development programs in Rwamagana, Rwanda. Our interventions are currently reaching more than 10,000 people of 3 Sectors.
Better World Rwanda seeks to hire a highly-qualified, dedicated and experienced national for the role of Finance Officer.
1. Purpose of the position:
This position is seen as key staff in the administration and the finance responsible for ensuring budgeting processes, auditing, planning, monitoring in all aspects of finance and even for UPG program sponsored by KOICA which is Korean oversee development supporting organization.
2. Job Description
Job Title: Finance Officer
Dept/Program/Service: UPG(Ultra Poor Graduation) Program
Reports to: Project Manager and Country Director
Usual office base: Rwamagana District
Job purpose: Controlling and Auditing in the field of finance and accounting.
- Maintain and regularly update essential files and reports for UPG Project and Better World’s general administrations and finance. Deliver on a monthly basis, timely, accurate, and complete reviewed set financial records and supporting documents for the partners and/or office assigned.
- Maintain accuracy of all accounting information and documentation for the team including internal procedures (recruitment, procurement, etc.). Ensure proper filing is done and checking that all relevant documentation is archived according to internal practice.
- Budget monitoring and achieving external/internal/RRA financial reports and audits.
- Follow up on the approval and payment vouchers for UPG project and its beneficiaries.
- Follow up with the partners and/or office’s accountants on the implementation of the internal controls recommendations until resolved (monthly checks, internal and external audits, internal reviews, etc.) Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Prepare accurate and timely monthly financial reports as per Betterworld/Donor set out deadlines.
- Take up any other responsibilities assigned by the Project Manager and Country Director of Better World
- Do which are mentioned that must do in Personnel Policy and contracts.
💼 Job Specification
Job Qualification Needed
3. Person specification:
- Holder of a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, finance, or related field from a recognized University
- Any professional qualification in financial management and accounting.
- Have demonstrated a high understanding of finance and accounting matters preferably within the not-for-profit sector
- At least 4 years’ experience in working in the field of finance and NGO’s office for projects.
- Experience of KOCIA Project in any NGO in Rwanda.
- Experience working with local government authorities
- Experience of establishing strong working relationships with colleagues within and from different organizations and cultures of, especially, Korean.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment.
- Strong accounting knowledge and operating capacity. Experience in financial bookkeeping within the local context
- Strong budget management skills; financial internal controls; source documentation verification; preparation of payment vouchers; and procurement processes
- Ability to perform detailed work, frequently of a confidential nature and/or to handle a large volume of work systematically, effectively, and accurately
- Ability to priorities workload and deal with multiple requests and work activities at any given time.
- Ability to foresee risks and allow for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
- Ability to liaise with line manager to ensure the effective management of workload.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and Korean if it is possible.
🌐 How to Apply
Job Application Channel Accepted
Interested candidates should send an application letter plus updated Curriculum Vitae in English, including 3 names of professional referees.
The deadline: November 12, 2021