🏘️ About the Organization and Job Details
RICEM was launched in June 2014 as Vocational Technical Institute for the three pillars namely Cooperatives, Microfinance, and Entrepreneurship. From its initial inception, RICEM has had the mission to provide capacity building and other business advisory services to Cooperatives, SMEs, and Microfinance Institutions through training, skills transfer, consultancy, research, and technical support. Meanwhile, RICEM is with its 6 permanent staff members mainly a professionally organized training academy located in the heart of Kigali (Kabusunzu), while also providing training all over the country. RICEM aims to address practice-oriented knowledge, hands-on skills, and attitudes to successfully run an organization, like Cooperatives, Microfinance Institutions, or Start-ups. Through interactive learning methods and real business life case studies our trainees were empowered to perform at the highest level in their job or the job they are aiming at. Job-related day-to-day challenges will be discussed and facilitated by our diligently selected trainers.
It is within the above-mentioned context that RICEM is recruiting a Business Development Manager, who shall foster existing services and products and the collaboration with existing partners, but especially elaborate new business-related activities with new partners that suits into RICEMs portfolio and respond to it target group needs. Thus, the Business Development Manager is directly supporting the Managing Director of RICEM by taking over conceptual tasks in this regard and co-determine the strategic direction of the organization.
📋 Job Description Details
Summary of assignment expectation
The Business Development Manager reports directly to the Managing Director. This employment opportunity will assist in the development of strategic and operational goals of the business development aspects. Activities shall be-but not limited to proposal writing, marketing, etc. This will include developing corporate partnerships, coordinating campaigns, organizing fundraising events and appeals, and sourcing grant income from institutional donors, trusts, foundations and NGOs, the Private Sector, etc.
- Deputize MD in meetings and other networking events,
- Develop and implement an effective fundraising strategy
- Develop or market RICEM services to the private sector, donors and generate funds for RICEM sustainability
- Build on existing and relationships with donors, government, the private sector, volunteers, and interns;
- To broaden the mix of income streams, develop new streams of income including major donors, service fees products, consulting, etc.
Specific Areas of Responsibility
- Developing relationships with major donors, identifying new potential major donors, and nurturing relationships;
- Identify and track relevant upcoming funding opportunities – through advance intelligence gathering, partner relationships, and other available resources;
- Manage activities for pre-solicitation proposal preparations and bid planning including teaming, bid strategy, development of win-themes, oversight of and contribution to technical design, drafting, and other sections of the proposal in advance of the solicitation;
- Work with team to develop proposals that speak to organizational needs, concerns, and objectives;
- Participate in the grant application process and ensure that reporting is tracked and meets development partners and donors’ expectations;
- Conduct prospecting visits to Organization’s Country Offices to identify and prepare for upcoming funding opportunities;
- Develop and deliver the strategy for new business (products) development, appropriate to need and responsive to opportunity, in close collaboration with the RICEM team, the Managing Director, and Board of Directors.
- Assist the MD in communicating this strategy to all RICEM staff and Board members.
- Research into relationships that should be developed and manage effective partnerships with both existing and new key corporate partners, NGOs, government, media, and funders.
- Innovate and offer new ideas and approaches for developing RICEM, building relationships with other prospective business partners and with other networks and members where appropriate.
- Stay appropriately networked and keep abreast of trends, news, events, and deadlines, so that all possible, new or enhanced opportunities are exploited.
- Work with the management team to develop and implement a strategic sales plan
- Identify and evaluate specific new profitable business opportunities
- Achieve own sales target and lead the team to achieve team business and fundraising targets
- Initiate and complete proposals and presentations for new opportunities
- Work with internal teams to deliver outstanding proposals to capture new opportunities
- To maintain an excellent client relationship with an existing and potential client
Partner Liaison and Communication
- Initiate and manage existing and potential strategic corporate relationships
- Develop innovative approaches and sponsorship (and other) income packages.
- Open-ended contract
💼 Job Specification
Job Qualification Needed
- Minimum Master’s degree in Economics, Finance, Business Management or any related subject
- At least 3 years of work experience, ideally in a similar position or at least in the field of Business Development or Fund Raising
- Working experience in the environment of International Cooperation and International Development Partner (is an added value)
- Academic or professional links to the field of capacity building are beneficial
- Basic knowledge of the Rwandan private sector, especially in the field of Cooperatives, Microfinance, and SME’s
Skills and competencies required
- A high level of proactiveness and flexibility includes being self-driven and motivated for all responsibilities of this position
- Working on a high-quality level includes the ability to start concepts from scratch and finalize them up to a level that the management can approve them without many interventions
- Strong problem-solving skills, including the ability to customize proposals according to the client needs
- Outstanding presentation skills, which includes the part of proposal writing
- Ability in business planning, and providing business advice
- Sensitivity to work closely with international partners and knowing their basis for decision-making
- Excellent computer skills, especially with MS PowerPoint and Word
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Fluent in Kinyarwanda and English. Fluency in French is a plus
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- Pleasant and collaborative working environment
- Opportunity to work with an open-minded and committed team of professionals
- Challenging work and the opportunity to grow and develop with the institution Possibility to make an impact and contribute to workforce empowerment in Rwanda
- Appropriate remuneration package including private health insurance for the employee and his/her family.
🌐 How to Apply
Job Application Channel Accepted and any other relevant Application Info’s
Please submit your updated CV, relevant certificates and transcripts of records, and a cover letter clearly demonstrating your knowledge, experience, and motivation as well as highlighting your suitability for the assignment to email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications will be received no later than 13th December Please understand that we will only contact candidates who will have passed the preselection successfully.
- Are you an Employer ( Businesses & Entities of All kinds or Individuals ) Hiring or looking any kind of Online Applications & Registrations Services ? Career in Rwanda Ltd serve you in Job Advertisements & Recruitment Services, Every Online Services that you may need.
- Don’t you Have time to Apply or Updates and Optimize your Job Application File ( CVs &Resumes , online Job Profile Accounts , etc. ) ?, Don’t Hastate to Contact Career in Rwanda Ltd via WhatsApp and Call : +250785036816 / +250790518586 for any Kind Assistance , we help every Job Seeker to send a Professional and Well Updated ( CVs, Resumes, online Job Profile Accounts, etc. ) to the Concerned Employer!
- IF YOU ARE JOB SEEKER , GET UNLIMITTED DIRECT ONLINE JOB APPLICATION SERVICE BY REGISTERING HERE