Planning and Monitoring Officer at King Faisal Hospital: (Deadline 4 June 2021)
PLANNING AND MONITORING OFFICER
King Faisal Hospital aspires to be “A center of excellence in health service provision, clinical education, and research”. This is an exciting time for King Faisal Hospital, Kigali as we embrace a new strategic direction, a new vision. The hospital has continued to grow due to its positive reputation for authentic compassionate health care and highly skilled medical practitioners, especially in specialized surgical and medical services.
About the Position
King Faisal Hospital Rwanda is looking for suitable candidates to fill the role of Planning and Monitoring Officer. This position will handle all planning and monitoring of activities including, but not limited to, developing a culture of planning and monitoring with the hospital, analyzing costs in relation to services performed. This position will support in the review and development of the Hospital’s strategic plan and annual delivery plan and will also work with the head of departments to ensure that adjustments are made in accordance with the approved programs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs and coordinates activities within the department for the formulation, monitoring, and presentation of budgets. Directs compilation of data based on statistical studies and analysis of past and current years to prepare budgets and to justify variances.
- In collaboration with different levels of the hospital, develop the culture of planning and monitoring activities within the Hospital, develop and identify the Hospital’s key performance indicators;
- Support and contribute to the review and development of the Hospital’s 5-years Strategic Plan and annual Delivery Plan;
- Review of operating budgets periodically to analyze trends affecting budgetary needs.
- Prepares comparative analysis of operating programs by analyzing costs in relation to services performed during previous fiscal years and submits reports to the directors with recommendations for budget revisions.
- Consults with department heads to ensure adjustments are made in accordance with program changes in order to facilitate long-term planning.
- Directs preparation of regular and special budget reports to interpret budget directives and to establish policies for carrying out directives.
- Monitors spending to ensure that it remains within budget, monitors and reports performance against plans to ensure that contractual, cost and schedule objectives are met.
- Forecasts and tracks financial results throughout the year to meet the budget.
- Guide and support divisions, directorates, department, and units in designing monitoring tools, planning, and delivery to ensure they achieve strategic and performance results;
- Support, develop, provide tools, and compile budgets from all divisions, directorates, departments, and units and come up with an overall annual budget for the hospital;
- Initiate, support, and improve the planning process in all levels of the Hospital;
- Develop planning & monitoring guidelines, standards, and policies in accordance with the Hospital’s Strategic plan;
- Develop monitoring reports to track the progress across the Hospital in achieving the outcomes of the Plan/budget and performance targets of the Delivery Plan and escalate identified risks to the supervisor.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Requires knowledge of planning, monitoring, and evaluation
- Requires communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with clinic staff and nonclinical staff.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to create and manage an operational plan, develop and manage budgets, and evaluate budget performance to achieve expectations.
- Must be a strategic thinker with demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Excellent analytical and planning skills are required.
- Excellent IT skills and professional proficiency using Microsoft Office computer applications.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree in Finance or Economics
- Advanced Certifications/Masters in project planning, monitoring, and evaluation is an added advantage.
- Evidence of structured and professional career development
- Minimum 6 years of relevant professional experience including minimum 2 years of relevant professional experience in program/project planning, monitoring, and evaluation.
How to Apply:
KFH is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Join us and take on the challenge to provide Patient-Centered Care. Qualified candidates should send their cover letter, curriculum vitae and academic credentials, recommendation letter from the previous employer, and National Identity Card to email@example.com by, June 4th, 2021. We offer a competitive Total Rewards Program.
Prof. MILLIARD DERBEW
Chief Executive Officer